Cases Digital design

Cases Rich content on a pedesta

Rich content on a pedestal.

The Design Museum in London attracts more than 200,000 visitors a year with exhibitions on graphic design, industrial design and architecture. Ahead of the relocation and temporary closure of the museum, Fabrique developed the new website in 2014, together with technical partner Q42.


Develop a new website which not only serves our visitors seamlessly with practical information, but also inspires the public and involves them in design. A website which fits our mission: β€˜To create the most inspiring, exciting and engaging Design Museum in the world.’


We serve 80% of the visitors who quickly want practical information seamlessly with opening times, ticket sales and route. To the other 20% of the visitors we offer inspiration, and involve them in the museum with magazine-style stories about design and designers.

The modular pages are practical, and with full-screen photos, they are also very visual. A site which presents design and architecture in your face. We expressed the layered nature of design by having titles, buttons, text and images slide over one another. The yellow highlights give the design a tension. And to get rid of the humble image of the museum, the site shows multiple strong quotes like "some day other museums will be showing this stuff". The entire website of the unsubsidised museum is action oriented. The web shop offers unique limited editions and special products.

And by using questions and assignments, we invite the 1 million Twitter followers of the museum to make a contribution themselves.


A fully responsive website; visual and inviting, with sturdy tablet-first buttons. But at the same time a website with a refined style which puts the rich content on a pedestal. combines practical information seamlessly with inspiration and commercial objectives.

Awarded with a Webby Award Best Navigation/Structure 2015, an iF Communication Design Award 2015, a Silver European Design Award 2015, a Red Dot Communication Design Award 2015, a Golden Lovie Award and a People's Choice Lovie Award.

Would you like to know more?

Call Matthijs.

+31 6 51 031 486

Or leave a message.

Call me back

See more

Please turn your phone sideways, our website looks a lot better that way!