Wagtail is a worldwide favourite with editors and developers. It is a user-friendly, easy-to-set-up CMS, and is seen as the standard solution within the Django community.
The most user-friendly CMS
Wagtail is really easy to work with; anyone can get straight to work after just a short explanation. The CMS is clear and gives editors a lot of freedom. Creating new pages is easy, the editor determines the layout. You can easily add images, videos and text... This allows the content team to focus on more important things: the quality of the content. We have implemented Wagtail for dozens of customers, and of course also for ourselves. Because that's the best way to find out how great it is to use.
More Wagtail advantages
- Open source: a community of experienced developers ensures continued further development and improvement.
- Flexible: easy to add new parts.
- No big servers: Wagtail is resource efficient - no need for large, expensive servers.
- Multilingual: Wagtail supports multilingual websites.
- A/B testing: integrated support of A/B testing and behavioural targeting.
- Responsive design: supported by scalable images with focus point recognition.
- Easy to add modules: social media links, and complete modules for blogs and page management can be easily implemented.
Create your own pages
The webmaster has full control of the page layout. An extra block on the left, or on the right? In Wagtail, each element is available separately. The drag-and-drop function makes it easy to adjust the order of the elements. If you want to see what the page looks like, you can use the preview function. This allows you to view the page directly and share it with external parties.
Good, well-structured content is essential for SEO. Wagtail offers developers the space to easily set up a good structure. For example, the order of headings (H1, H2, etc.) can be defined, and images are automatically given the correct metadata. When a new page is created, the user is automatically given a URL suggestion. This ensures consistent, readable URLs. All pages are listed in the XML Sitemap.
Working with Django
The Wagtail CMS was developed in Django: an open source framework for realizing websites, apps, and web applications. Combining Django and Wagtail is a widely used practice and allows us to create flexible, secure, responsive sites quickly and easily.
In addition to the right CMS, the choice of backend and frontend technology also determines the total user experience for the user, but also for the editors and the developers who maintain the site. We have an extensive stack at Fabrique, but our favourite system to work with is Django. If you would like to find the best solution for you, we would be happy to brainstorm with you!