Ask for the A-team rather than McGyver
(agency scene #3)
Creating websites is a team sport. So let’s act like one.
- pass around the ball to avoid getting stuck on your own,
- change before you get predictable for the competition,
- employ artists and labourers,
- invite the club owner into the dressing room,
- step in when somebody falls and help him get up,
- use scrum — unless you’re running a relay race,
- travel together on your way to the presentation,
- point out mistakes of a team member in a positive manner,
- rotate team members before they’re exhausted or uninspired,
- remember it’s you playing the game, not the coach or trainer,
- scout new talents early,
- make it fun to watch for those paying the bill,
- make it even more fun to stand in the field together,
- celebrate any finish or success — if only by eating a banana together,
- stage a farewell match when a team member moves on.
20 years ago a one man band could create a killer website, nowadays you need many specialists. But you need them to be one team to win.
Previous: Drawing parking spaces — 7 ways to test your digital concept early