(agency scene #3)
Creating websites is a team sport. So let’s act like one.
- pass around the ball to avoid getting stuck on your own,
- change before you get predictable for the competition,
- employ artists and labourers,
- invite the club owner into the dressing room,
- step in when somebody falls and help him get up,
- use scrum — unless you’re running a relay race,
- travel together on your way to the presentation,
- point out mistakes of a team member in a positive manner,
- rotate team members before they’re exhausted or uninspired,
- remember it’s you playing the game, not the coach or trainer,
- scout new talents early,
- make it fun to watch for those paying the bill,
- make it even more fun to stand in the field together,
- celebrate any finish or success — if only by eating a banana together,
- stage a farewell match when a team member moves on.
20 years ago a one man band could create a killer website, nowadays you need many specialists. But you need them to be one team to win.
Validated Learning is the best way to make sure you develop the right product. But how do you incorporate it into the whole startup or corporate venture rather than only the product development of your minimum viable product (MVP)?